Tuesday, July 12, 2011

B90D: The Challenge

Not too long ago, I purchased a real, "big kid" Bible for my son, Owen.  He has read through the many story bibles he has several times, and as his vocabulary and ability to read has developed, I knew he was ready to take the next step toward learning to navigate and really dive into the word of God. 

I'd like to say that we took the plunge right away, but as is so often the case, life, family, sports activities, summer fun and just plain laziness got in the way.  So about 2 months has passed, and his new Bible still sits on his bookshelf basically untouched....until today.

My friend, Lindsay, shared a challenge on facebook.  She and her daughter have started the B90D Challenge....To read through the bible in 90 days:  adults read the entire thing; kids read a very abbreviated  overview.  And I have decided to step up to the plate as well, to begin to teach Owen how to navigate what has been the most important book in my life, and what I hope will be his. 

The B90D group at MomsToolbox.com is using an acrostic to reflect on the scripture readings:

S: Scripture-Write the ONE scripture that I feel God is using to speak to me in today’s reading
O: Observation-What might He be telling me with that scripture?
A: Application-How can I apply it to my life?
P: Prayer-What is my prayer to ask God in helping me to make that application?

I will be posting periodically to share our S.O.A.P discoveries and to let you know how the challenge is going.

Feel free to join us on this adventure!  All of the details and reading schedule is available on momstoolbox.com.  Even if you do not choose to join us on this journey, I hope you will pray for us.  That God would use His word to ignite a passion in our hearts, to stretch our understanding, and to challenge us in our daily lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment